It’s been a difficult year for the North Shore Pride community, but despite the challenges 2020 has brought, we have still been able to virtually join together to Unite Community and digitally celebrate all the things that make us proud.
Looking Back on North Shore Pride 2020
Here are some of the events, programming, and initiatives we hosted this year:
Although we had to cancel the 2020 North Shore Pride Parade and Festival over public health and safety concerns due to COVID-19, we moved forward with a Virtual Pride!
North Shore Pride’s theme for 2020 was “Uniting Community” and, despite the cancellation of the Parade & Festival, we did just that. Here are some of the digital events we hosted that made it special:
In June of this year we launched our series of community forums – monthly digital conversations centered around Uniting Community and featuring diverse panelists discussing relevant LGBTQIA+ related social issues in the modern environment, with How to Build, Sustain, and Unite a Hate-Free Community. These forums have had 2,500+ views since they have been released.
We also hosted:
- Violence Against the Transgender Community – July
- Speak Up, Speak Out: Protesting, Voting, and Allyship 101 – August
- It’s Ok to Not Be Ok: Getting to a healthier place for our LGBTQ+ Community – October
- Disability Awareness: a discussion for all about compassion, allyship, and advocacy for the Disabled community – December
Virtual Vendor Fairs
We hosted not one but two virtual vendor fairs this year. One in June as part of the Virtual Pride Parade and Festival, and our Virtual Holiday Fair is happening right now!
North Shore Pride Blog
As part of our continuing mission of education and uniting community, we started a Blog! Here are some of our favorite posts:
- How To Be A Good LGTBQ+ Ally: An Introduction
- A Short Guide To Pronouns Part 1: What They Are And How To Use Them
- Orientations And Identities: The T In LGBTQ Stands For Transgender
- Takeaways From North Shore Pride Community Forum: Speak Up, Speak Out
Celebrate the End of 2020 with Jump Into January
Thank you to all of the North Shore Pride community for your continued support and engagement with our mission. We’re excited for what 2021 has to offer.
To cap off the year, we hosted Jump Into January, our virtual end of year celebration. Which you can watch below!
Thank you to the sponsors who supported us this year:
We are always looking for sponsors for our upcoming events and programming. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, let us know!
Tech Support was provided by: